UPDATE: In addition to this post below, you will want to check out our new post “Plenti Questions Answered: Plenti Points WILL ROLL & More!” for more details on how rain checks will be handled, who will be getting cards in the mail and more awesome Plenti information!
I know we have all been a little concerned about Rite Aid no longer offering their +UP Program. I know I was very worried about it myself! I have been doing some thorough research on the New Rite Aid Plenti Rewards program that we have starting at the beginning of May (May 3rd), and I have been very happy with what I have found!
Rite Aid’s Plenti Program is going to be just like the +UP Program was, only BETTER!
The rewards will be just like +UP’s, only you will get Plenti Points instead of +UPs. They basically just changed what they are calling them. As you can see in the example below, we will just get 100 Plenti Points (which equals $1.00) instead of a $1.00 +UP, but we are still getting the same reward. The thing that really sets Plenti apart from +UPs though is that we have TWO YEARS to redeem our rewards and not TWO WEEKS!! 🙂
Not only do we have TWO YEARS to use our new Plenti Rewards, we can choose where we want to use them! You can EARN points at Rite Aid, American Express, AT&T, Exxon and Mobil, Macy’s or Nationwide and you can SPEND your points at Exxon and Mobil, Macy’s or Rite Aid!
What this means for you is that you can take the rewards you are earning at other places like for paying your phone bill for instance, and use it to save money at Rite Aid! Or let’s say you have a bunch of Plenti Points, you don’t have to use them all at Rite Aid! You can save them up and head over to Macy’s and buy an outfit! Or even pay for your gas with them! You can choose to use as many as you want at one time, or save them all up. It’s totally up to you! I am loving the versatility we have been given with this new rewards program! 🙂
Key Points to know about the Rite Aid Plenti Program:
- A customer can sign up in-store, and then complete the sign up process online or sign up at riteaid.com/Plenti, Plenti.com or the Plenti Mobile App. The sign up process will be done at the register or with a Wellness Ambassador within the store. You will then be emailed a link to complete the sign up process. While completing the online sign up process, you will also create a pin that you can use to redeem your rewards with just your phone number in case you don’t have your card with you. Completing the sign up process will also give you relevant offers to help you boost points! If you do not complete the online sign up process, you can still earn rewards but you will be unable to redeem them.
- Wellness+ with Plenti Members will receive members-only sale prices as well as earn points toward the Bronze, Silver, and Gold Wellness Discounts just like we do now. When you reach Gold Membership, you receive 20% off regular prices for a full year the same as we currently have with the +UP Wellness+ Program! You can also still load the Load2Card Coupons right onto your Wellness+ with Plenti Card for the same card coupon savings that you are getting now. The Wellness Program itself hasn’t changed, they are just giving us BETTER REWARDS to go with it! 🙂
- Plenti Points will not be redeemable until 6 am the next morning after they are earned, just like the +UPs are right now. I will continue to shop weekly and roll the rewards as I have been doing for years with the +UP Program.
- Every December 31st, points that are older than 2 years will expire. This means you have AT LEAST 2 years to use them. I am thrilled to have more options and longer to use the rewards!
- You only need one card to earn and use points at all participating retailers. This will make it easy to earn and redeem your points without having a bunch of different cards to keep track of.
- You must have $2.00 in Plenti Points to be able to redeem them. With one item offering 100 points, ($1.00) it should not be difficult at all to hit the $2.00 threshold for redemption.
- You must have a phone number attached to your Wellness+ with Plenti Card. Only one Wellness+ with Plenti Card can be associated with each phone number. So you could not have two Wellness+ with Plenti Cards attached to the same phone number.
- Rite Aid’s Wellness+ with Plenti will go live in the May 3rd ad, but the program itself is not live until May 4th. We will be able to start signing up April 20th so we are ready when it goes live! HOWEVER the Plenti sites are not live to do the online part of finalizing the sign up until May 4th. So we will finish the sign up process then. Also, if you receive your card in the mail because you are a Silver or Gold Wellness Member, make sure you take your card into the store so it can be linked to your Wellness Account so all of your points will transfer over!
- This program is only in its first stages of existence! They will be looking to add more partner companies to the program to help us have even more options for spending and earning points!
Be sure to join our Rite Aid Savings Facebook Group so you never miss another Rite Aid Deal and you are up to date on any new information!
What do you think about the new Rite Aid Wellness+ with Plenti Program? Are you as excited as I am to see it go live?